Here are my highlights of 2014:
- + Left a job that was draining me.
- + Had brain surgery and recovered with a lot of support from my amazing husband and friends.
- + Took an amazing trip to Thailand by myself and learn a lot about strength and independence while visiting an elephant sanctuary, falling in love with night markets, cuddling full grown tigers, learning to cook Thai cuisine, snorkeling the Adaman Sea, celebrating Songkran, & so much more!
- + Found an great new job and got to travel to NYC twice and train and connect with amazing coworkers. Helped open a brand new office.
- + Completed the 100 Happy Days challenge
- + Co-hosted a bridal shower & got to stand beside a beautiful couple as they said their vows.
- + Took in two foster kittens, 2 foster puppies, and one adult foster dog.
- + Spent 4th of July at the Oregon Coast with on of my best friends and her beautiful family.
- + Spent a night in a sweet airstream trailer on a goat cheese farm and finally got to see Crater Lake.
- + Did a lot of wine tastings in beautiful locations.
- + Saw Joan Jett at the Oregon State Fair with good friends.
- + Harvested food and made lovely meals from my garden.
- + Lost someone who was near and dear to my heart and learned new ways to mourn.
- + Visited my parent's in their new home in North Carolina and connected with my extended family.
- +Went bungee jumping.
This New Year's Eve finds me at a 180 from where I was one year ago. I'm less afraid of the future and I am feeling more in control of my life than ever before. I'm deeply aware that life is always going to be a series of highs and lows and perfection is a myth. I'm staying optimistic about the new year and I can't wait to make it my own.
I'm setting intentions for 2015 to be a year of adventure and love.
In 2015 hope to...
Keep working towards growth - set tangible goals for home buying, learn new things, and say yes to adventures
Take more time to appreciate my life as it is - send more letters, show gratitude for the people I love, and take time to enjoy the present moments
Do things that scare me - try new recipes, go on adventures, and redefine my comfort zone.
What are you looking back on or looking forward to today?